Sunday, May 3, 2009

Advanced Procrastination

I am the professor, TA, and a straight A student of Advanced Procrastination. For Example: For my Beginning Conducting Class, I have to do 2 conductor observations and then write a page each answering some questions about their style etc... Now, I did my observations 2 months ago, but the observation papers aren't due till Tuesday....so they're not done. Truth be told, I'll probably get them done in 5-7 minutes each once I finally get started.
Also, the first conducting assignment of the semester I still haven't done because I was sick....and then I procrastinated rescheduling... All I have to do is beat an Orlando di Lasso (my choice of cut or common time) canonic madrigal and give the entrances for all the parts (which happen ever two measures). Lather, Rinse, Repeat; Lather, Rinse, Repeat. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy.
And yet....
So...I also have a paper to write for my Transborder Chicano/Chicana Literature class. It's due tomorrow....and we're taking the final right after turning it in. I know this process would go quite a bit faster if I'd just get started....but that would make things too simple for me, now wouldn't it.
I'm an advanced procrastinator. As such, I have not started formulating my thesis. I was supposed to start a few weeks ago....but no.
This will be a long day...
....whenever I start.

1 comment:

beckaboots said...

as the semester approaches an end, i find myself in an increasingly similar situation.