Saturday, May 23, 2009

Hair!

Sometimes my hair drives me nuts, but it does some pretty awesome things.
Example:
Last night I took a shower, washed my hair and, like all days, I toweled it dry and let the air do the rest. After a while it started getting in the way (of course) and since it was already almost dry I decided to just put it up. With no hair tie in sight, I grabbed a pencil....which I put my hair in a bun with all the time. (I guess this is another example) I can do that with chopsticks, 1 golf pencil, pens, and even forks. That's a pretty weird trick, but I'm a pretty weird person...and it only makes sense that I'd have weird person hair to match.
Back to the original example....So when I woke up this morning and took my hair down, this is what happened:
Not the best pic, but I had a gubillion beachy ringlets and waves without doing a single pickin' thing. :) I have naturally wavy hair, so my hair just does this. I love those kinds of anomalies. (hooray!)
My hair is so stinking long! That would be way long hair on any normal person, but since I'm pushing 6'4" that makes for very very especially long hair....and that's why it drives me a little nuts. I'm considering growing out the layers for a while longer and donating it, but we'll see how long I can take it.

Earlier photography attempts:


I hate pictures where you can see the camera in a mirror. It's just so.....myspace. ....Re-do!


And here's Lisa's blurry finger! hooray!

P.S. Yes, I'm wearing a soccer jersey from back in the day. *sigh* Good times! And that glimpse of plaid happens to be my most comfortable pajama pants. I win.

3 comments:

beckaboots said...

Beautiful hair! I'm growing mine out long again....we will see how long I can make it before I try and cut it all off again!
That is so awesome that you can just put it up and it turns out so nicely. I sometimes can do that but mostly NOT.

Sarah said...

Dude, you can totally donate it now! My hair used to do that when it was long... pencil and everything. Oh, how I miss those days... :)

J+K said...

I wish my hair did anything decent! how I envy your hair! Haha I'm proud of your willingness to donate it! I overprocess mine waaay too much and cab never stand it to be one length for too long for me to grow it long enough to donate