Saturday, April 18, 2009

Women's Conference, Stake Conference, Agony, etc.

Today I went to a Relief Society Women's Conference in my sister's stake. It was really good I went to three classes: Overcoming self criticism, Life is Good, and Organization 101. I have a lot of work to do on all three topics. I loved the teacher of Life is Good (Stacey Farr) especially. She had such good energy and was a genius pedagogically. She actually had two heart attacks recently but she's up and kickin' like none other. She used to teach seminary so when she told me thank you for coming after the class, I told her that I wished she were my seminary teacher when I was in seminary.
Really...that would have been awesome...'cause I didn't learn squat in seminary junior and senior years....or sophomore, come to think of it...because my class kept scaring away all the new teachers. :/
Anyway....after the classes there was a luncheon and chocolate cake. :)
Then I went over to my sister's to visit and play with baby Jeffrey. He's the best. That's all there is to it.
Then came some errand running: Joann's; Bed, Bath & Beyond; Costco; etc.
When I got home I set out to write a talk (which I'm still not done with) knowing that I could be called on to speak in a matter of a few hours. Luckily, when I attended our adult session this evening, I wasn't one of those chosen to speak....now let's see if the luck continues to tomorrow...and let's see if I can even finish my talk. :/ I absolutely loved Hermano Gilgen's testimony. I was listening to the translation in Spanish. It was fantastic because I could hear both languages and when the spirit was strong enough I could feel a tangible connection formed by the spirit between Joseph and Bishop Farnsworth who was translating.
The rest of the meeting was kind of weird...weirdest meeting I've ever been to...wait....another awesome part was when my Dad got to share an experience...and unlike most of the people who felt the need to say something, his comment was relevant, to the point, and insightful...He's awesome.
soo....anyhoo.......After the session I had an exceedingly awkward encounter with my old friend and ex-boyfriend....which I found terribly unsettling. Those things are always awkward. But this was the epitome of awkward....but then, I'm not really myself right now, so I can't be sure what was me being weird and what was just plain predictable avoidance. Anway...it was over before it even started...no use trying to figure it out now.
I should probably get back to my talk...or maybe I'll get up and do it early. Sometimes a deadline is good for me. So in the background I'm listening to "Agony" from Into the Woods by Stephen Sondheim. It's hilarious. Partake if you will. Gotta love a fractured fairy-tale! So...Cinderella's Prince and Rapunzel's Prince pine something fierce for their respective love interests...




...and then they get what they want. :p

1 comment:

beckaboots said...

Love it- at Hendrix I was into the Abridged version of Into the Woods and Agony is just about my favorite number of them all. Did you know that the prince for Cinderella is actually the voice of Gaston in Beauty and the Beast? Too cool.