Thursday, April 16, 2009

His Grace: The Duke of Kittykins


So...I don't know who knows this and doesn't...or cares...but my family's cat Ephraim went missing last month...He's 6 years old..and we've had he and his sister Elora since they were brand new kittens. Their adopted brother Manasseh came along a while back and he (apart from the myself and the other humans of my household) is probably taking it the worst. Ever since we took him in as a kitten he's looked up to Ephraim as the coolest thing that ever happened....and I mean EVER!
Needless to say...we're all pretty heartbroken. We wandered up every street in our neighborhood and beyond shaking the ever-coveted fishy and chicken treats and called his name (and every nick-name he has) at the top of our lungs. We called and sent out e-mails to animal shelters.... We put up signs. We got many phone calls from nice people who thought they saw him...and we dashed off to see....but it wasn't him. I don't want to say that we've given up hope, but chances have grown very slim...They were slim to none after a week. And now......
I don't want to be too sad, but the last sign of defeat made itself manifest today.
Our signs that were prominently displayed only a few weeks ago, have been taken down and replaced with someone else's loss. And it makes me sad. It makes me miss him.
I feel silly...like I shouldn't get worked up over a cat...but I do.
I should be upset about something bigger...someone bigger...but that silly 15lb blob of black and tan (or the lack thereof) is making me sad. :(

1 comment:

bluethrowblanket said...

I would totally go to pieces if one of my kitties disappeared. Good luck and remember, cats have nine lives!!