Sunday, April 19, 2009

Today...

I'm eating a miniature wheel of nameless cheese. It's delicious, I must say. That doesn't have to do with anything...but that's okay.
Today was Stake Conference. It was pretty awesome. I sang in the choir which was fun. It hadn't really been that much fun, but a friend of mine joined the ranks of the choir at the last minute and our rehearsal before was pretty hilarious as a result. We pulled out all the stops on our musical numbers, and I think everyone liked it, so I was pleased.
I loved Hermana Vargas' talk. She spoke in Spanish and was translated by one of her daughters. I was really surprised to hear a very personal story from her and was touched both by the story and by her courage in sharing it.
I listened to almost all the conference in Spanish being translated. My Dad helps translation with our High Council rep and Primary president. The dream team, I call them. :)
I like to hear these things in Spanish just 'cause I like Spanish...but I also like to listen to the translation because some day I hope to translate as well as the dream team. It's interesting to hear the English in one ear and Spanish in the other and wonder what word or phrase or conjugation whoever's translating will use in a split second. Sometimes I'll translate along in my head to see if I can do it. No, I can't always. It's hard, but I'm trying to get better. It's a goal to work toward. :) Hopefully someday soon I can actually make myself useful in that way...but I know I've got a long way to go. And perhaps that long way will have to lead me down south ...which I would love...if I could afford it I would be on my way to Argentina right now...
Well, for better or worse, I'd probably get married and then go. Maybe visit Brazil while I'm at it. Dang, I need to work on my Portuguese...or the lack thereof. I can understand lots...and say nothing but yes, no, thanks, exhausted, and I love you. Quite a collection. ...you know...just all the really important things. :P or not.

No comments: