Monday, August 24, 2009

Work in Progress

These last 2 months have been the best and worst of my life. I think that's abundantly clear. I've dumped and been dumped. And although that was terribly unpleasant...I kinda wish that were the worst of my problems. :P Life is hard. That's all there is to it. If I may quote Princess Bride: "Life is pain. Anyone who says otherwise is selling something." As it is, though..even though things are crazy hard...I'm fairly pain-free. :) Perspective is a wonderful thing. I've come to view things as they are. I know better now what's worth worrying about and what's not. The tricky thing is, though, that with that realization comes an awareness of how far I have to go. I'm doing well...but of course I could be doing better. I could read my scriptures more often, and schedule more effectively, and exercise more, and worry less, and do baptisms for the dead more often, and be a better sister/daughter/aunt/friend/cousin...etc.
I'm optimistic though.
I got a wonderful father's blessing last night and I feel like I can do this. ALL of this...and I have some killer personal revelation to back it up. Who's gonna argue with that?!
Anyhoo...this work in progress has some goals to set.
Later! :)

3 comments:

beckaboots said...

That is so inspiring. I need to prioritize better :)

Rebecca said...

It seems like the more you know, the more you realize that you don't really know much... ya know? :)
Perspective is more than a wonderful thing, it is Everything.

Sarah said...

yay :)