Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Love Story and a Wedding Announcement


I'm getting married July 2nd to the most amazing man in the world, universe, eternity...etc. His name is Chase Kimball. We met in our Principles of Leadership class at the Tempe Institute at ASU. I had my eye on him from the beginning and we became fast friends. We sat next to each other all semester...(at first with a little sneaky arranging on my part)..and just had a blast. We spent lots of time whispering back and forth and making each other laugh, but still managed to learn a ton from our great teacher Bro. Hofeling. {He gets a special shout out, since I took his class before and his counsel was a huge blessing to me when I was going through a tough time and considering taking the class again. I did and, well...it will be paying off for eternity.}

Chase tells me he had his eye on me as well and that he had been praying that the right girl would be in one of his classes.
Well, there we were. We were always on the same page when discussions got weighty, family and future oriented. I felt uncannily normal around him...and now I'm addicted to the feeling. I told him I liked him, but he was dating someone else at the time. I was devastated, but resigned myself to being the best friend he could ever have. As one last ditch effort I made him peanut butter chocolate brownies for his golden birthday-March 24th. We walked down the stairs of the institute together as we always did and he asked me out. We went to the Renaissance Festival for our first date and just walked and talked all day.

Chase and I have the best time wherever we are and whatever we're doing. Our courtship has been such a comfortable thing for both of us. I remember wondering out loud, "Is this what it feels like for everyone-finding the right person?" He said, "I don't know...but if not, it's a shame."

When he proposed we went to a neighborhood with a beautiful lake view and went for a little walk. We arrived at a bench overlooking the lake and there were flowers waiting for me on the bench. As I sat down to pick up my flowers, he got to one knee, addressed me by my full name and asked me to marry him. I'm so glad I said yes-for obvious reasons...but also because there was a candlelit picnic dinner to follow. It was glorious. He's glorious.


I am so grateful for the opportunity to be sealed to this wonderful man for time and all eternity. I wish everyone this kind of joy. We all deserve to feel this. Through the gospel of Jesus Christ it's all possible.

We love you and want to see you come celebrate with us.
(send me addresses on facebook if you want an announcement)




JULY 2, 2010
7-9 PM
LDS Extension Building
616 S. Extension Rd.
Mesa, AZ 85210

3 comments:

Krystal said...

Haha, such a cute story!
Thats how Tyler & I felt when we dated, it was the first time dating felt that easy and comfortable and just perfect.
Your proposal was somewhat similar to mine, we went walking by a lake close to my house and he popped the question.
Can't wait to see you (& your ring) on the cruise!
<3 your cousin, Krystal

Krista said...

SOOOO happy for you guys!! Congratulations!! We love you!

Cristina said...

Horray!!! :) I'm so happy for you! Married life is the best!