Thursday, December 10, 2009

This Week....Choir, Finals, Jury, Guadalupe

I spent upwards of 8 hours on choir on Monday starting with rehearsal....more rehearsal (of the dress kind) out in way too far away....some more rehearsal....and then the concert. I didn't get home till 11. Which was great for the papers I needed to write. :/

I wasn't a happy camper for most of it, but there were some lovely highlights. Firstly, hot chocolate. :) Also, it was raining all day and freezing, which was a lovely change of pace...although I'm getting a little tired of it being cold everywhere now....(that's neither here nor there) And most notably, singing the Hallelujah Chorus. I've sung it a gubillion times with family and in various performances over the years, but every time when that music starts and everyone stands up, I can't help but get choked up. It's awesome.

So, now it's finals week. All my remaining finals are on Tuesday...which is weird. It'll be a busy day. I've still got some memorizing to finish up. I'm trying not to think about that too much right now, actually. So...new subject..

The rest of the week will be pretty busy with rehearsal and performances of GUADALUPE: Our Lady of the Roses. A concert Opera by one of the composition professors at ASU. I'm in the Chorus.

It's a really beautiful work. The subject matter is a little weird to me, though. I mean, the virgin Mary is cool and all, but not nearly worship as the mother of God cool. Y'know?
But it's an interesting historical/religious drama and it's really gorgeous.

If you can come out and have some money to spend on Opera, we're doing two performances at the Phoenix Art Museum Friday and Sunday at 7:30PM. Tickets are $25 general admission and $15 student tickets.

http://www.guadalupecelebration.org/


No comments: