Wednesday, July 8, 2009

For Your Information

Paul and I broke up. We were together for a year and (almost) four months. A fortnight ago everyone at church was asking us when we would get married...and to make sure they'd get an invite...and now.......well...the rest is silence. For a good week and a half I didn't say a word. I just collapsed on myself like a dying star. Crying at all hours and not admitting why. I can't say I want to talk about it...or even write about it. I just think people should probably hear it from me if they're going to hear it. And for the record...I did the breaking.
Jim Croce says it all better than I ever could.

4 comments:

Krista said...

Ohhh...hang in there. I am so sorry!

Ben Pratt said...

Bless you, greatgoogamooga (hereafter ggm. Wait, that stands for great-grandmother. So: hereafter gggmg, which should be safe, unless it stands for great-great-grandmother goat. *sigh* Never mind).

Anyway, I'm sorry it's so tough. FWIW my family and I love you. You soak our rocks.

Corinne said...

I HEART that song!!! It's perfectly worded. We are having a girl's night out tomorrow- you should totally come!

P.S. Lemme know when you are ready- I know a few hot guys that I wanna set you up with! :)

Granny said...

I'm sorry. I had never heard that song before. It sounds like you made the right, albeit a tough, choice. You'll find someone much more worthy of you. Give it time, though. Don't be doin' any reboundin'!